- Full arcade game, with 5 levels, 5 weapons (+ dynamite), more than 500 sprites
- Screen resolution of 320x240, 256 colors
- Multi-layer scrolling (3 layers in level 2)
- Colormapped sprites (same sprites used in different color sets)
- 8-bit stereo sounds effects:), panned depending on sound emitters. MOD/S3M
- Can record and playback game demos, even over levels or the whole game.
- Programmed in C
- DOS version coded in DJGPP with Allegro and JGMOD
- Win version coded in MSVC with Allegro and FMOD
- Runs fine on anything from P166/DOS in Mode X, to P600/W98 DirectX 8
- Display synchronizes on monitor refresh rate, for smooth scrolling.
- Game speed is independant from CPU clock, default 72Hz, but user-adjustable
from 1 to 65535 (good luck!)
- Demos are platform-independant (had to write a specific random number generator)
- All the AI is controlled by a custom programming language that I designed.
I won't bore you with it, lets just say it's precompiled, interpreted, multitasking,
and lightning-fast : compiles 100Kb sources in about 1 second, then needs
0.5% cpu at runtime for all the game logic